Why Digital Advertising Matters Now More Than Ever
A Competitive Advertising Landscape
As advertising shifts more and more online, the landscape is becoming more competitive, requiring the proper messaging, strategy, and constant optimization in order to win.
Before getting into highly creative and expensive advertising campaigns with lights, cameras, and action,
organizations must get the basics right.
– Seth Viebrock, CEO of O8
Digital Advertising Basics
- Your first investment should usually be paid search campaigns in order to capture those who are already searching for what you have to offer.
- Your second investment should include paid ads for social media, video, and display advertising, using the knowledge and data gained from paid search.
We cannot emphasize how important the order, execution, strategy, and optimization of these paid ad campaigns are to your success. Let us show you how with a free audit!
Get Your Free Digital Advertising Audit
- An expert will be in contact within 60 minutes during 9-5 CST business hours
- Invaluable data on your paid advertising performance and opportunities
- Insights on your competitors' digital advertising
Trusted By Big Names, Accessible To Smaller Organizations
Ads for a Changing World: General Guidelines
Evaluate your ads
- Consider your context and tone. Make sure you’re sensitive to how certain words may make your audience feel. Be careful about the double meanings of words like “protection,” “checkup,” “prevention,” or “virus.” For international campaigns, be aware of local terms that have been used to reference COVID-19 and regional disruptions.
- Consider if your message is helpful. For example, edit your ads as needed to let customers know if you offer services like delivery or in-store pick-up. Review shipping settings and estimated delivery time to ensure you accurately reflect current capabilities.
- Review assets thoroughly. For example, think about the appropriateness of images and videos that show large gatherings of people or human interaction. Consider the tone of your headlines, descriptions, and landing pages.
- Proactively communicate business changes. If your hours of operation have changed, edit your Business Profile on Google and update your ads so customers know if you’re open, closed, or have modified hours.
Adapt to dynamic market conditions
- Stay up to date on local conditions.
The Google Trends page can help you better understand the context in local markets and your customers’ frame of mind.
- Review your performance metrics, and be willing to pivot. For example, significant shifts in conversion rate may require adjustments to your Smart Bidding targets.
- Pause ad groups or ads if needed. Review products and services that are affected by demand issues and adjust accordingly. For example, mark online or local products as “out of stock” across channels if you’re unsure of real-time inventory or restocking times.
- Consider tools that can help you adapt. For example, the Google Ads mobile app (iOS, Android) can help keep you connected to your campaigns.
A Recent Testimonial
From Our Client at Vital Worklife
What evidence can you share that demonstrates the impact of the engagement?
We've had a tremendous increase in conversions on our landing pages. It's definitely been significant, and we've been noticing it a lot with our sales leads. We're just starting to spend a little bit more money, and the results have been moving proportionally. They were very friendly, open, and helpful.
How did O8 perform from a project management standpoint?
They're pretty organized. We usually meet a couple of times a week and they use Slack and Google Docs.
What did you find most impressive about them?
They pushed us to challenge ourselves. Even with some things we thought we knew well, they stepped in and helped us refine those keywords and strategies even more.
Are there any areas they could improve?
No, we're really happy with them. I've already recommended them to a couple of companies I have in my personal network.
Do you have any advice for potential customers?
My advice is to dive all in. Use all the tools they give you and make sure you put the time into it. It's not a one-way thing; if you don't put any skin in the game, you won't get anything out of it.